You capture feedback from your customers, and you know all the traditional ways to do it. Surveys. Interviews. Focus Groups. But there’s a problem. None of these methods deliver the real insights you seek – those new innovations, revolutionary ideas and game changing disruptors.
So instead of continuing to look for answers to our questions, it is time to flip our perspective to understanding the larger customer context and dissecting those subtle behavioral signals we consistently overlook.
Over the last 20 years, Andrea Belk Olson has studied customer behavior and developed new approaches to customer discovery across 12 countries and 8 industries. Trained as a behavioral scientist and customer-centricity expert, Andrea helps companies better understand their customers through behavioral economics.
Andrea has written two books with the third being published (“What to Ask”) in June 2022. She also is a contributing author on a spectrum of customer behavior, organizational culture, and differentiation topics for Entrepreneur Magazine, Rotman Magazine, and Chief Executive Magazine, to name a few.
During this exclusive 1:1 live-stream Deep Dive, ManageCamp CEO Len Herstein and Andrea discussed:
- How to uncover what customers need but don’t tell you.
- Why we can’t just ask customers what they want.
- Why data is not a substitute for knowing your customers.
- The importance of understanding that people don’t say, they signal.
- How to flip the perspective from asking questions to dissecting signals.
- Andrea’s 3W Matrix (Why, What, WOW) that is the basis for her upcoming book What to Ask.
- Understanding the impact of cognitive biases on perceptions.
Enjoy this highlight!
ACCESS TO THE FULL INTERVIEW IS AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY TO BRAND MANAGECAMP UNIVERSITY MEMBERS here.
Not a BMC-U member? Find out more and join here.