All times are in the New York timezone.
12noon – 12:10pm
Day 2 Kickoff
ManageCamp CEO Len Herstein kicks off Day 2 of Brand ManageCamp 2021.
Branding and New Digital Business Models: The Revolutionary New Way to Create Shared Value for Businesses, Customers, and Society
Most businesses today focus on competition and disruption instead of collaboration, participation, and engagement. They focus on transactions instead of interactions. They seek to optimize or extract value rather than share it. They build assets and thrive on enormous scale, huge distribution networks, and brand recognition. But then along comes a rival that doesn’t care much about your brand and your other assets, and it either rushes past you or mows you down.
Best-selling author and CEO of Vivaldi Erich Joachimsthaler believes that the only way to thrive in this environment is through embracing a new digital business model, particularly platform-based ecosystem models. Companies who embrace this model generate, facilitate, and benefit from data exchanges among multiple people and groups – from customers and stakeholders, but also from those you wouldn’t expect to be in the mix, like suppliers, software developers, regulators, and even competitors. These new business models drive new innovation, build brands and also solve big, industry-wide, or complex and unpredictable societal problems.
In this enlightening session, Erich will:
- Show us what these new digital business models are, how they are different from traditional business models, and how some wildly successful companies are using it.
- Explain how the approach to branding changes for these new models.
- Demostrate how branding creates value and drives network effect, generate virality, and foster a learning effect that leads to explosive growth of the business.
The future is going to be about creating value for everyone, solving immediate challenges of people today and also the major societal and economic challenges of the future. Marketers need to understand the role of branding in making these new platform-based digital business model successful. Erich Joachimsthaler will show us how.
12:50pm – 1:00pm
Unexpected Agility: Why the Key to High Performance Lies with People Not Projects
All marketers understand the need to be faster and more adaptive. Going Agile seems like an obvious solution, so why isn’t every marketing team an Agile marketing team?
What if the very things we’re trying to fix — our projects — are the things that are holding us back?
Join Agile marketing pioneer and 15-year digital marketer Andrea Fryrear as she reveals the team-first approach that frees marketers from project purgatory and puts them on the path to lasting marketing agility.
By the end of this dynamic session, you’ll be able to:
- Avoid the common but deadly approach to pilots that can doom your Agile efforts before they start.
- Build persistent Agile teams who deliver the four key benefits of Agile.
- Map your journey from zero to Agile, starting with your first dedicated Agile team and scaling as far as you need to go.
1:40pm – 1:50pm
Purpose Branding: A Framework for a Successful Purpose Strategy (And How To Avoid The Most Common Pitfalls)
In today’s increasingly political environment, employees, customers and the community identify more deeply with a company’s purpose. Your reputation and your ability to increase sales depend on this insight, and can no longer be left to chance or to arbitrary decisions.
Diane Primo and Purpose Brand have developed an analytical strategic framework for execution. This framework has been researched across generations, ethnicity, gender and political affiliation.
This timely session will leave you understanding both the opportunities and landmines in pursuing this “must execute” purpose strategy. You will learn:
- Why defining your corporate and brand purpose is so important – and how to do it.
- How to make purpose central to your brand.
- Which brands have succeeded and which have failed in the area of purpose – and what we can learn from each.
- A framework for purpose positioning.
2:30pm – 2:40pm
Winning Digital Customers: A 5-Step Process To Cure Irrelevance
Customers today expect the brands they deal with to deliver outstanding and seamless digital experiences. COVID is accelerating digital transformations faster than ever, and if your brand isn’t delivering an excellent digital experience, then you’re not meeting your customer’s needs. You might be surviving, but definitely struggling to stay relevant in the digital age.
Companies that have been successful for years face a world that is being changed rapidly by digital and are struggling to keep up, and many once-loved brands are becoming increasingly irrelevant and ultimately disappearing. So, what can they do? Transform!
If your brand is failing to thrive, you need to take what is core to your value proposition and adapt it, perhaps significantly, for a world filled with customers who have digital at the center of their lifestyle.
You can achieve the transformational change needed to win the love of today’s customers by following the five-step method outlined in Howard’s bestselling book Winning Digital Customers: The Antidote to Irrelevance.
In this timely and relevant session, Howard will:
- Lay out a simple but detailed 5-step methodology that any company can follow to align teams around a vision for digital transformation.
- Help us visualize a comprehensive framework that you can use to help your company pivot its way to digital success.
- Share why customers love the experiences that transformed digital brands provide them.
3:20pm – 3:30pm
Day 2 Close
ManageCamp CEO Len Herstein closes Day 2 and sets the stage for Day 3 of Brand ManageCamp 2021