Welcome to episode #10 of the Brand ManageCamp Vlog – “15 Brand Minutes With…”!
In this edition, Mark Sanborn (Leadership expert, best-selling author of many leadership books such as “You Don’t Need a Title to Be a Leader: How Anyone, Anywhere, Can Make A Positive Difference,” “The Fred Factor: How Passion in Your Work and Life Can Turn the Ordinary into the Extraordinary,” and “The Encore Effect: How to Achieve Remarkable Performance in Anything You Do,”and Brand ManageCamp 2016 speaker) gives marketers a great deal to think about, including:
- Why the combination of getting to know their customers, delivering a great product every time, and adding personality to the mix (along with the help of a little Absinthe) makes the White Chocolate Grill one of Mark’s favorite restaurants.
- The wisdom behind the fact that difference = memorable and sameness sucks.
- How a little cookie can create a big difference – and why it makes Mark evangelical about Los Chingones restaurant in Denver.
- The difference between “clever funny” and “stupid funny” in advertising and why Dollar Shave Club is on the right side of the line.
- The danger of overextending good ideas.
- 4 Apps you won’t want to be without:
- Wunderlist for to-do lists and productivity.
- Unroll Me for getting unsubscribed quickly from online subscriptions that no longer interest you.
- Pocket to tuck away articles and things you want to read later
- BombBomb for sending quick video emails.
- Two books you should have on your reading list:
- “Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World” by Cal Newport.
- “Everybody’s Fool” by Richard Russo.
- One thing marketers should do LESS.
- Two bonus Leadership tips.
- And more!
All this takes place in just 15 minutes, so it is perfect for the busy marketer (or just anybody with a short attention span :).
I hope you enjoy this episode of “15 Brand Minutes With…” More coming your way soon!
I’d like to invite you to listen to our podcast episode with Mark Sanborn where he explains what does it mean to be a good leader and why leader is like a conductor of the symphony! You can find it on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/timecampinc/mark-sanborn-talks-about-leadership-6-stay-on-top-of-your-work. Enjoy!