Welcome to episode #10 of the Brand ManageCamp Vlog – “15 Brand Minutes With…”!
In this edition, Mark Sanborn (Leadership expert, best-selling author of many leadership books such as “You Don’t Need a Title to Be a Leader: How Anyone, Anywhere, Can Make A Positive Difference,” “The Fred Factor: How Passion in Your Work and Life Can Turn the Ordinary into the Extraordinary,” and “The Encore Effect: How to Achieve Remarkable Performance in Anything You Do,”and Brand ManageCamp 2016 speaker) gives marketers a great deal to think about, including:
- Why the combination of getting to know their customers, delivering a great product every time, and adding personality to the mix (along with the help of a little Absinthe) makes the White Chocolate Grill one of Mark’s favorite restaurants.
- The wisdom behind the fact that difference = memorable and sameness sucks.
- How a little cookie can create a big difference – and why it makes Mark evangelical about Los Chingones restaurant in Denver.
- The difference between “clever funny” and “stupid funny” in advertising and why Dollar Shave Club is on the right side of the line.
- The danger of overextending good ideas.
- 4 Apps you won’t want to be without:
- Two books you should have on your reading list:
- “Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World” by Cal Newport.
- “Everybody’s Fool” by Richard Russo.
- One thing marketers should do LESS.
- Two bonus Leadership tips.
- And more!
All this takes place in just 15 minutes, so it is perfect for the busy marketer (or just anybody with a short attention span :).
I hope you enjoy this episode of “15 Brand Minutes With…” More coming your way soon!